Broken links are links that lead to pages that do not exist. Broken links can cause real damage to online businesses, but also for SEO. Broken links affect user experience.
Search engines can backward classify web pages containing broken links.
Analyze My Site scans the entire website, traverses all links, finds broken links and returns HTTP error codes.
Once the analysis ends, returns a report which contains the link names, page titles, descriptions, link types, authors, common words, title analysis for all analyzed links.
Links in web sites can become broken for several reasons:
- A web site or a web page on a website does not exist anymore. Big content providers (electronic journals, magazines, news sites, etc.) with many web pages, images, or links on a web site face day by day the broken link problems every day. Broken links may occur for external and internal URLs as well.
- Security changes on firewalls so that access to the content is forbidden.
- A web page is redirected but it is moved permanently to another site.
- A web site moved to another DNS name
- A web site is reorganized
Free broken link checker: analyzemysites.com